Topic: Flash component source

Hi,
   havent been using flash for long but it seems to me the native components for actionscript 2 are a little limited. In particular I was interested in a tab component and saw that one of these was used in the twitter search widget. Can anyone advise me where this component (and other good ones) are sourced (purchased / freeware etc).

cheers

Nigel

smile    smile    smile

Re: Flash component source

NigelS wrote:

Hi,
   havent been using flash for long but it seems to me the native components for actionscript 2 are a little limited. In particular I was interested in a tab component and saw that one of these was used in the twitter search widget. Can anyone advise me where this component (and other good ones) are sourced (purchased / freeware etc).

cheers

Nigel

smile    smile    smile

I'm sure this probably doesn't help much, but I would highly recommend that you build your own "components".  I am pretty sure you will find it not only gives a huge savings in regards to memory and processing, but 99% of the time, you are probably only using a small subset of the functionality available in the pre-built versions.

If you already have an idea for the "structure" of your tab interface, I my be able to provide you with a simple framework.  At least enough for you to take it on your own.

Let me know if that's something you're interested in.

Cheers.