Topic: Flash Lite Developer Challenge - $30,000 grand prize!

Apparently, there's a contest going on for Flash Lite developers with $100,000 worth of prizes on the line.  The deadline for entries is May 31st.

See The Flash Lite Developer Challenge for more information.

Re: Flash Lite Developer Challenge - $30,000 grand prize!

Thanks for the heads up Duane.

It seems odd that there is no guidance / rules on the resolution of the content, or on the Flash Lite version... Plus, how are they going to judge usability / user interface unless they test it on a device rather than a computer ? I don't think the competition organisers have thought this all through properly.

quizengine wrote:

Thanks for the heads up Duane.

It seems odd that there is no guidance / rules on the resolution of the content, or on the Flash Lite version... Plus, how are they going to judge usability / user interface unless they test it on a device rather than a computer ? I don't think the competition organisers have thought this all through properly.

Was thinking the same thing...

I don't much about this other than what I read on the site, but I see no reason why a chumby widget would not qualify - we run Flash Lite and the widgets have been published to be compatible with it.  I don't see any requirement that the submission  run on a mobile handset.

Looking at this page it seems to be saying that you don't actually submit the application itself, but rather screenshots and a PowerPoint or video showing your application in action.

cbreeze - I really think you should submit Chumbyland for consideration, if for no other reason than to see what happens.

Agreed - get it in there !

Wow - thank you both.  And a recommendation from the man (Duane) himself. smile

Let's see if I have the guts to do it. yikes

Cheers.

I hope that the winning widget gets put on chumbys!

cbreeze wrote:

Wow - thank you both.  And a recommendation from the man (Duane) himself. smile

Let's see if I have the guts to do it. yikes

Cheers.

You better, or we won't let you live it down... wink

wayn3w // Super Duper Inky @ The Ink Spot