Topic: fix line-out possible?

i use the headphone out to hear music over my hifi unit. that works fine of course.
my problem is that i oversleep the next morning because the hifi is switched off and the chumby mutes.
is the only solution to disable mute or is there a way to get the analog audio out of the chumby before volume controll?

greetings from bavaria and sorry for my poor english

Re: fix line-out possible?

If you use the "backup alarm" functionality, then it will unmute the internal speakers for the alarm to handle this very case.

Otherwise, this is managed by a low-level process that currently has no mechanism to override.

Re: fix line-out possible?

The headphone jack on the Chumby's daughtercard has 4 pins: left, right, ground, and a switch referred to in the documentation as "hp_notify".  This switch is normally closed so that the tip (left) and hp_notify are closed.  When the switch is open (a plug is inserted), the chumby switches the speakers off.  I'm in the middle of my own hardware hack where I'm creating a permanent audio-out for the chumby and adding a switch to turn its internal speakers on and off; this is done simply by disconnecting the hp_notify pin from the jack and adding a spst switch for left and hp_notify.

This is assuming, of course, that you are willing to open the chumby up and attack it with a soldering iron.