Topic: Not enough space to build toolchain?

Hi fellow chumby enthusiasts!

I just got a chumby for my birthday today, and let me just say how impressed I was by the whole packaging. It's the best unboxing experience I've ever had!

Having known a little bit about the chumby already, i knew that it was very hacker-accessible. To my great surprise I even found out that it supported ssh! And when you can ssh, you can do (nearly) everything wink

This let my imagination run wild, and I've found a lot of binaries I want to make for the ARM processor.

But when i try to wget the toolchain, it fails, letting me know that there's not enough disk space. True enough, I found out that the chumby apparently only has a measly 33mbs of space on the / partition.

So, what i want to ask is, how do you guys build the GNU toolchain with that little space? Or is my chumby faulty?

Thanks a lot in advance smile

Re: Not enough space to build toolchain?

You don't run the toolchain *on* the chumby - you run in on a normal x86-based computer running a Linux distribution (either directly or in some virtual machine), then use it to cross-compile the binaries for ARM.

Many of us use VMWare to run Kubuntu on either Windows or Mac OS, and some of us run distros directly without a virtual machine.