Topic: Live flash feed?

Hey guys I was wondering if there was a way that I could watch Chris Pirillo's live feed on my chumby. if there is a way to do something like this then please let me know. I don't really know much about programming, but I am working on somethings to try to figure out how to make widgets for this thing.

Re: Live flash feed?

Sorry I can't help but I'd definitely be interested in this widget too. I'd also be willing to donate if someone would be interested in developing a widget for watching Ustream feeds.

im looking into this now

So far I have figured out that UStream doesnt use FLV files but uses Flash Media server instead. Unfortunately that extremely complicates the live video feed. I have sent them a email and maybe a Chumbian *cough* Duane *cough* can look into partnering with UStream..? I think that chumby and UStream would and could profit from this But, hey what do I know. Im just a 16 year old flash dev big_smile.

Thanks for the update on this robbie. Sounds like it may be fairly difficult to program a ustream widget, unfortunately. I will keep hoping this can be developed one day. I agree that a partnership with chumby and ustream seems like an obvious one. Please post if you hear back from ustream.

Still havent heard back... I might call them

Now there is a Justin.tv widget that does essentially the same thing a Ustream widget would need to do. Someone please make one!

Is the source for the Justin.tv widget available anywhere? Maybe I could try to modify to work for Ustream.tv...

bump!