Topic: two great ideas

Ok well i would love to do this my self but i know nothing about making them.

One idea is now that gas prices are going up. it would be nice to have a widget that tells you price of gas hopefully localy to you. and maybe have it graph it as well. you know wake up in the morning to find that gas is 10 cents cheeper is a good way to start the day big_smile

the secount one i also just though of. since the chumby has a motion sencer and speakers. a great widget would to be have a interactive alarm clock. so instead of hitting the top to shut it off, you have too look at the screen and see a digram of how to tilt the chumby to shut it off. something that changes each day.

thoughs are my thoughts. hope they are possable/easy

Re: two great ideas

A few months back I surveyed a *bunch* of sites looking for a data feed for gas prices but wasn't able to find one that would work for a Flash widget.

If anyone can find an open feed that takes a location (zip code or city or something) and returns an XML or JSON response with gas prices, please let us know.

Re: two great ideas

Might want to actually talk to AAA directly... since they publish the data to most other venues... the only catch is you do have to put their logo on a page referencing this data...

The page that references this data ...
http://www.fuelgaugereport.com/