Topic: This may be more of a business suggestion...

I've read about a lot of really impressive hacks and kernels and custom scripts out there, and tinkered with a few of my own, but how cool would it be if my girlfriend could actually set some of these up without me having to spend several hours reading through forums and trying to get her chumby to work like mine.

There should be a pool of money out controlled by the wonderful people of Chumby that is used, when they identify a particularly cool/popularly useful hack/whatever, to package the hack so that a slightly less hackerish person could use it. Its really cool that everyone is out there building things, but I think as a community, a lot of wheels are getting built several times over. If the Chumby people had a pool of money to "package" these hacks with scripts and simplified installers, I think that a) we'd all be more able to build ON each others work, rather than having to rebuild each others work b) people that want to embrace the way of the Chumby but aren't as dorky as the rest of us could get to realize some of the potential of the platform and c) my girlfriend would get off my back.

Just a thought.