Topic: Internal 9V battery Meter

Is there anything that you do in the control panel to see how much juice is left in the 9V battery in the Chumby?

Re: Internal 9V battery Meter

Correct me if I am wrong but since it is being taken down to 5V you would have to wire the leads over to an input with a resistor inline so that the volts would be 0-5 instead of 0-9.x and do some linux magic and decompile the control panel and add it in...  If you are still interested I can help some but when it comes to Linux I don't know much... but I am taking the Linux+ class at college so that will help.

Yeah I agree with you, when I unplug my Chumby, I know it is kicked over to battery, but maybe a flash that lasts for 20 seconds shows you that you are on battery power, just so you know when your power chord has become unplug, and your alarm will still work.  Maybe even go further and blow that horn when switched to battery just to warn you as well.

We're actively working on better support for the power subsystem.  Some of that involves modifications to the drivers, which would have to be deployed as a firmware update before we could expose a UI in the Control Panel.