Topic: wGraph and wGraphXL not working

I'm running wGraph on my Chumby Classic and wGraphXL on my Chumby 8.  Both have the latest firmware version.  Neither have been working for a few days.  The app loads, no error is displayed but no data is presented.

I went online and verified that the station is online (https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KTNBARTL3)

Any suggestions?

Re: wGraph and wGraphXL not working

IBM trashed the WU data interface over the weekend.  It ain't coming back.

Here's the announcement:

https://apicommunity.wunderground.com/w … ground-api

Even the pages documenting the API are 404.

Yet more "closing of the web".

Duane wrote:

Here's the announcement:

https://apicommunity.wunderground.com/w … ground-api

Even the pages documenting the API are 404.

Yet more "closing of the web".

How hard would it be to modify this app to use the new API?

I'm not a developer - so I'm not sure how hard, or if possible.
Thanks

It looks like the main API that's left is for users running personal weather stations providing weather data *to* them, not consumers of data like us.

My understanding is that they're now charging a hefty fee for access to the weather data itself - certainly more than we can afford.

OK - but something weird is going on...
The app is clearly dead on my C8 - but seems to be working still on my Classic at home.

Duane wrote:

It looks like the main API that's left is for users running personal weather stations providing weather data *to* them, not consumers of data like us.

My understanding is that they're now charging a hefty fee for access to the weather data itself - certainly more than we can afford.

If you upload PWS data to them you get a free API key to download a limited data subset of their commercial API.  I don't know how practical it is but something I could enter that key into would at least give those people (like me) a way to re-establish some functionality.

pduncan67 wrote:

OK - but something weird is going on...
The app is clearly dead on my C8 - but seems to be working still on my Classic at home.

WU is, mildly put, a hot mess right now.  They've screwed things up to the point that their programmers have no idea what is working and what isn't.  You might be one of the lucky ones; another program that pulls temps is only working if you use a PWS but not for anything else, and that uses the "old" API.

WU is, mildly put, a hot mess right now.  They've screwed things up to the point that their programmers have no idea what is working and what isn't.  You might be one of the lucky ones; another program that pulls temps is only working if you use a PWS but not for anything else, and that uses the "old" API.

Mine finally stopped working last week sad