Topic: Gratitude from a very demanding fan base

By producing a device that will never be declared "finished" you've really opened yourself up for a state of ceaseless complaining and demands.  While you've made a product that's fantastic over here on the consumer end, you've put yourselves out there for a lot of very demanding feedback.

I wanted to express some gratitude and let you know I really love the product instead of just complaining and demanding new features.  You've earned it.  Lucille is my favorite electronic gadget, and watching her grow up has been equally rewarding.

Re: Gratitude from a very demanding fan base

Yes, I too would like to thank you for what you have got out there.

Hear Hear!
forums and anything that can evolve = craziness and rewards
Thanks tons for diving in.

I also want to thank all of the Chumbians and the widget developers out there. All of the hard work is much appreciated. The downside is that all this goodness just makes us want more ;-) . I can see all sorts of potential, but do not have the skills myself to do anything about it.

So again thanks for all the effort and for putting up with us impatient folks.

-HuckFinn

I think it's a brilliant strategy.  If you like it, you become invested in it - after all, you're part of the manufacturing process!  You're no longer a customer... you're an evangelist.

And if you don't like it?  Well, maybe open source isn't for you.  After all, it's unlike any other product out there.

I love this little gadget.  If Chumby makes it, Chumby will make it *big.*

Slave to the Light, Inc.
Los Angeles & Seattle USA
www.slavetothelight.com

What is even cooler is that you do not even need to explorer or even contemplate the "open sourcedness" of the Chumby to enjoy it!!!
It is truly brilliant because you enlist all those people who do enjoy flash and software mods to make cool widgets which provide content for those who simply enjoy the Chumby for what it does on a shallow surface level. And everybody ends up happy.

There are loads of people who could care less about HOW it works. They just WANT it to work.

My wife is one of those. When her computer becomes less than a perfect working partner ...a slave. she can not approach the problem from a "how it works" point of view.

The Chumby and it's web side User interface is so very simple to use. As is the Chumbys UI.
I beleive that Even if you can't program the clock on your VCR that you could set up and activate a chumby.

It is that good.
Please keep up the great work!!!
I also hope the Chumby becomes a HUGE (to a point) hit. World domination is a tough and lofty goal. My biggest fear is that the Chumby company we all know and love would be swollowed up by the likes of Google to become a Google appliance.
IMHO This would be a disaster from an end user point of view. There can be no doubt that Google and others are watching the Chumby very closly.
Yaesumofo

slave2thelight wrote:

I think it's a brilliant strategy.  If you like it, you become invested in it - after all, you're part of the manufacturing process!  You're no longer a customer... you're an evangelist.

And if you don't like it?  Well, maybe open source isn't for you.  After all, it's unlike any other product out there.

I love this little gadget.  If Chumby makes it, Chumby will make it *big.*

A Chumby in hand is worth 20 in the Wherehouse.

You are our kind of people.  You get it.  All connected electronics should be open and should get better over time.  Makers and buyers should interact.

Bless you!

:^)

...Unlike my router which is a *lightened* version of a commercial app and we have to basically rant on the forums for months before they will consider putting back in some of the things they stripped out... OUCH (if yer curious as to what i mean, look for the support forum for the Sofaware ZA100)

I tend to like to throw out ideas, and hope some are implemented by somebody when it involves the chumby.. Its also nice to know the support has a Will try atitude on most things....

Here Here! Great job guys..

I'm having an absolute blast learning a new language (Action Script). And being able to tinker with it..
Last time I had this much fun.. Bunny made it possible too.. hehehe
All Hail Bunny Projects... wink

MyridoM

When someone annoys me, it takes 42 muscles in my face to frown...but it takes only 4 muscles to extend my arm and b**ch-slap you!
http://haunterofthenight.com/ * new blog location

I'm sure if Chumby Inc hasn't noticed, I complain and demand with the best of them.  I'd like to thank them for putting up with me and my demands, as I know at times I do my best to make it as hard as possible.  While the device is not yet up to my ideals of device perfection, I am encouraged that it does seem to be moving slowly towards it.  I truly do appreciate and admire a company which tries to be this intertwined with the customer base.