Topic: My daft alarm question

Sure there is something simple here but it was alluding me last night...

What is the criteria for whether Chumby enables the 'display alarm screen' (or whatever it is called) option. As well as acting as my morning alarm clock I had several other alarms configured that changed the channel at certain times of the day. That used to work fine but currently although I can define such an alarm the 'display alarm screen' option is grayed out. Strangely my morning alarm though which wakes me up to a specific mp3 alarm does show me this option.

One other thing - it would be cool if you could configure the chumby to require a pin to delete any widget. My four year old loves 'princess chumby', changes channels, watches the intro, plays games with ease. She does have a great habit though of deleting all the widgets. No real hassle to put them back in but as it is the third time this week........ smile

Tolax

Re: My daft alarm question

See the posts here

http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?id=1655

In a nutshell, if you have the sound set to one of the built-in three sounds you can not disable the alarm screen. So if you just want to change channels, you still need to pick a stream or local mp3 file and just set the duration to :00.

I agree with you on the PIN number. I have a chumby at work and every now and then someone will pick it up and delete something. It would be nice to be able to "lock" it.

-HuckFinn

Thanks - my morning streams use an MP3 so thats why they worked.

You learn something new every day.........

Tolax

Hmm.. I was having the same thought about the grayed-out-ness of that button.
thanks!

Oh is that how it works? Ok...
I'm not sure if this has happened to any of you, but Chumby Tips keep appearing on all of my channels, and I think that a pin would make it take longer to get rid of them.