Topic: Stock widget

Is it possible to use the previous version of the stock widged? I liked having the quotes in a huge font... current font is unreadable unless you are very close.

2 (edited by cosine 2008-02-17 12:35:58)

Re: Stock widget

YES.  I came here, explicitly searched out the forums, took the time to register a password, waited for the email to come, and came back - just because I'm furious about the stock widget update.  If I wanted it to look like OS X, I'd have a Mac next to my bed.  The old widget was great and I could actually see stock prices from across the room.  The new one is completely full of fail.

Please revert.

In fact, I begin to wonder what value the Chumby network is adding at all.  It means widgets get randomly changed out from under me, whether or not I was enjoying them or not - and it also means I get ads injected.  Why can't I just operate my Chumby locally, download widgets to it that I like, and have them keep working as long as I still like them?

Well, honestly, we didn't think anyone really *liked* the original one - I whipped that one out in a couple of hours almost two years ago (it was one of the very first widgets ever run on a chumby), and I'm a engineer, not an artist.  One of the artists described it as "80's style" - which is probably true, not that there's anything intrinsically wrong with that.

However, it appears that we have a sort-of "New Coke" situation here - I'll see what I can do.

OK, the original widget has been uploaded as a new widget with the name "Stock Quotes (Classic)".