Topic: Kudos On MySpace

Kudos on the myspace widget, works great..

Re: Kudos On MySpace

Yeah mine isn't working... authentication error? Anyone else getting this? I opened myspace in a new window to double check my login info. When the widget asks for my username and password is it the same as my email address and password login on the myspace site?

It was working great for me until it caused my Chumby to reboot. I was flipping through my MySpace pictures when the screen froze and a few seconds later the poor little guy just choked and rebooted. I may try to capture an SSH log to see if this is related at all to the freezing I am seeing on the other photo widgets. Overall I really like this widget, just need to figure out what caused this freeze.

-HuckFinn

gsr264 wrote:

Yeah mine isn't working... authentication error? Anyone else getting this? I opened myspace in a new window to double check my login info. When the widget asks for my username and password is it the same as my email address and password login on the myspace site?

Yes, your MySpace widget username and password are the same credentials that you use to log into MySpace.  The username should be in the form of an email address ( e.g. foo@foo.com ).

Are you still having problems authenticating?

huckfinn wrote:

It was working great for me until it caused my Chumby to reboot. I was flipping through my MySpace pictures when the screen froze and a few seconds later the poor little guy just choked and rebooted. I may try to capture an SSH log to see if this is related at all to the freezing I am seeing on the other photo widgets. Overall I really like this widget, just need to figure out what caused this freeze.

When a widget hangs, the watchdog will restart the Flash player within a minute or so.  In order to help us track down the issue, could you provide an exact set of steps to reproduce the problem and answer the following questions?

How many MySpace photo albums do you have?
How many pictures are in each of the albums?
How many pictures are in the album that you were flipping through when the widget froze?

Additionally, it would be very helpful if you could SSH into your chumby and capture the output when a freeze occurs.  You can do this by executing the following after logging in via SSH:

stop_control_panel; start_control_panel

Ken,

Here are my details. I have 5 photo albums with anywhere from 6 to 30 pictures in each album. The album I was going through at the time has 15 pictures, so not that many. I was manually flipping through the photos, pretty quickly and it got stuck after about 8 or 9 photos.

I tried capturing a log when this happened, but of course I could not recreate the issue with the putty log going. I will update you if I do.

-HuckFinn

Thanks.  We'll try to reproduce the issue locally as well.

gsr264 wrote:

There is a problem with the MySpace web services API where some credentials are failing to authenticate.  We've reported the bug to MySpace - the change should be seamless once they've implemented a fix.

excellent widget!  great job on the interface!

10 (edited by huckfinn 2008-02-08 11:10:57)

Of course I was not able to catch this on ssh, but I had another lockup of the MySpace widget. It was working great. I was going back and forth between different friends, thier pictures and comments, etc. when it locked up while trying to retrieve one person's comments. I had to reboot to recover, it was stuck on "Loading..." or something like that. Once it rebooted I went right back to where it locked up to see if I could recreate the problem and it worked just fine. This was on the previous version of beta conrrol panel, so hopefully either the new control panel or the upcoming firmware release will solve this as well. It would not surprise me if it was the same type of memory leak like I see on the photo widgets.

-HuckFinn