Topic: Chumby rocks!

This morning I glanced over at my Chumby and saw the Weather Channel widget.  It has been updated.  Graphics look nicer, the morning temp is now correct for subsequent days and there is now a radar screen for your area of the country!

Did I have to do anything to get this new content?  NO
Did it cost anything for this new content? NO

Thanks guys!

Keep up the great work.

Re: Chumby rocks!

Although I do think Chumby software should be continuously improved, I disagree that the new widget is an improvement.  I used to be able to pick out the current temperature quickly when I first wake up, without having to put glasses on.  The new information (humidity, radar maps) is just noise when all I want is the temperature and three day forecast.

The older version was *perfect* -- there was no need to change it.  Can we have it back please, either as a new widget or as an option to the current one?

What is wrong with simplicity?

wayn3w

If you are only looking for the current temperature, why not use the weather bug widget? The temperature is pretty big with wind speed and direction - which at least I think is pretty important. There is a big difference between 30 degrees and no wind and when there is 20-30 mph winds.

-HuckFinn

I stopped using the Weather Channel widget not for any particular design concern, but because I found that it tended to give me the wrong weather report a lot.  I use Weatherbug and NOAA.  The trick with NOAA is you have to fish around to find somewhere the widget *thinks* there's a weather station... which may or may not reflect reality.  I used to live across the street from a NOAA hangar and the widget didn't like that zipcode, so...

But once it's working, and close to your own zipcode, it'll give you better weather forecasts.  At least it does for me.

Slave to the Light, Inc.
Los Angeles & Seattle USA
www.slavetothelight.com