Topic: ANSI Scroller, Art scene

Anyone have any luck or suggestions for getting the ANSI scroller widget to work?  I just get the "loading ANSi ..." message no matter what image link I put in.  Is this only designed for local files or something, or restricted to sites with crossdomain files?

Also, are there any other Chumbians here with previous ties to the ANSI/ASCII or demo scenes?  If so it would be great if you could reply with some info including your handle and group affils.

I was known as God among Lice (sometimes known as liceboy) and ran the group Fire for a while.  I wasn't much of an ansi artist myself, more of the hirez persuasion, but of course interacted with ansi artists all the time.

Re: ANSI Scroller, Art scene

The ANSI Scroller widget is not dependant on crossdomain files because it is simply loading images (not SWFs or XML) from the URL that you specify when you customize the widget.  There was a bug in the resize code that was preventing some images from being displayed.  I've updated the widget; please try again and let me know if you're still having problems with it.

I've posted more details (including the source and custom patch for ansi2gif) and some background about the ANSI Scroller widget here - http://ken.ringzero.net/2008/01/23/ansi-scrollers/

Re: ANSI Scroller, Art scene

yep, it's working great now. Love how you've hooked up the accelerometer to control scroll speed/direction by tilting the chumby!