Topic: mtasc Font Problem

Hi all,
I started to setup a development environment for Chumby Widget development on MacOS.

I'm using no integration into eclipse yet, but a simple build.xml file in order to call swfmill and mtasc.
As start tried to compile the sample ChumbyMenu posted here: http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?id=121 but in my version of the Widget no text is shown, since I think the font is maybe added to my swf file but there is a wrong id?

Please find attached the swfmill xml file and the call where the TextFormat object is created:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>
<movie width="320" height="240" framerate="12">
    <background color="#CCCCCC"/>
    <frame>
        <font id="Monofont" import="library/Monofont.ttf"/>
    </frame>
</movie>

And here is the AS scrit call;

var fmt:TextFormat = new TextFormat("library.Monofont.ttf", 12, 0xffffffff, true, false, false, null, null, "center");

In my build.xml, I'm calling swfmill first and get a swf file which is about 10k in size. After calling mtasc the file increases to 12k. So it seems that there is added something. But I can only see the graphics stuff and not text :-(

Is there a way to debug this or does anyone know this kind of issue and can help me?

Thanks,
Michael.

Re: mtasc Font Problem

I believe the XML id attribute for the font must match the name specified to TextFormat.

Clive

Re: mtasc Font Problem

Hello Clive,

I adjusted my swfmill xml file to this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>
<movie width="320" height="240" framerate="12">
    <background color="#FFFFFF"/>
    <frame>
        <library>
            <font id="library.Monofont.ttf" import="library/Monofont.ttf" glyphs="`0123456789-=_~!@#$%^*()_+.|,./;\'\[]\<>?:|{}ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz "/>
        </library>
    </frame>
</movie>

and it works now.
Thanks,
Michael.