Re: Picasa widget doesnt show pictures

jvc,

it may be helpful to provide guidelines for users on the size of the picture album.

I would love the have large Picasa albums used (+300 pictures) but the albums continue to get stuck after displaying pictures for a few minutes.

Yeah, I tried testing it with the largest album I had (80 pics) but beyond that is theoretical. I could update the description to mention this but it sounds like it will pull the widget from all the current user's channels which I would like to avoid.

From the widget upload page:

Note: When you update a public widget, it must be reviewed and approved before it can be made public again. The public widget you're overwriting will also disappear from any channels it's currently in; users will need to re-add it to their channels if they want to see it again.

I do have a simple alternative. you can break up a large picassa album into several 80 picture albums. then add a widget per album. do you think this alternative approach would ensure a larger selection of pictures?

would you recommend any specific amount of time for the widget?

BTW, I love the widget. it has truly freed all of our photos from our hard drives! I'm giving my mom a Chumby for her birthday. I would like her to have hundreds of pictures without having to change channels.

thanks JVC

yeah - you can copy pictures between albums and I don't think it adds against your disk space in picasa