Topic: can't access control panel via button

Is it me (that is, my apps) or is the button on top temperamental?  Often I'm running a widget and can't access the control panel by clicking.

Re: can't access control panel via button

Hmmm, not sure why that would be happening - does it work if you hold it down for an extended (ie. 2-3 seconds) period?  Does this happen only with certain widgets playing?

Philipk: it's not just you.  Sometimes I see that too: a widget is running, I press the top, and nothing happens.  I then tap several more times, and the control panel eventually comes up.

Duane: I'm sorry, I don't have a good characterization of the problem.  I only access the control panel very rarely, and haven't noticed any common thread in when the "reluctance" occurs.  I will make an effort to log the problem, and see if a common factor shows up.

Followup: I think it's mechanical.  My top-press seems to be too gentle.  It's enough to generate a tactile response, and a t-chik audio feedback, but not enough to trigger an event.  If I remind myself to press strongly down -- a soft squeeze, not a tap -- the control panel comes up on the first press.

OK - we'll look into that.  The click is supposed to correspond to the physical switch being activated.

Just got my chumby today, and I'm ready to send it back. I can't get the control panel to come up, can't get it to connect to my wireless, and I have to say the "help" so far on the website would be extreemly helpful if all went as it was planned (and therefore didn't need help, as everything went as planned).

why can't I get the control panel? is it because I haven't completed the setup? or did I get a lemon?

Yes, you must complete the wireless setup, because the Control Panel is downloaded from our servers once the device is connected to the network.

Please contact Customer Server from the website to assist you in setting up the wireless.