Topic: Volume controle

I think it would be a little better by removing one step to get to the volume control.

I dislike having to hit the top sensor
get in control panel
then hit settings
then hit volume
it should be on the main control panel I think.

Re: Volume controle

I'd like that too, along with a button for my favorite music stream.  If only the control panel itself was as open as the channels and we could customize it to our hearts content.

How about:

- Move "Hide Control Panel" to just under the widget screen picture.
- Add a volume slider to the spot where "Hide Control Panel" was.

Wouls seem to make sense.

Since you can hit the widget thumbnail to hide the Control Panel, is the "Close Control Panel" button unneeded?

I pretty much agree with you tommy on the button probably being not needed - however having worked on UI design, I've been bitten a few times by the "intuitiveness" issue.  As soon as that button is gone, people will come out of the woodwork saying that it's not obvious that you can tap the widget picture to close the control panel screen.

For all I know they may well have had this conversation already - that can be super frustrating.

I completely agree with this suggestion; a volume should me much easier to access- especially when watching a YouTube video or such...
In all honesty I think more physical buttons are needed on the device- perhaps two small buttons for volume up/down.

MeinLein wrote:

I pretty much agree with you tommy on the button probably being not needed - however having worked on UI design, I've been bitten a few times by the "intuitiveness" issue.  As soon as that button is gone, people will come out of the woodwork saying that it's not obvious that you can tap the widget picture to close the control panel screen.

I agree completely. In fact, it was quite awhile before I found out you could just poke the widget thumbnail. (And only because I read about it somewhere.)

The odd thing is that the presence of the hide button prevents folks from considering that there are other methods.

If only the top button would also hide the Control Panel. That actually seems intuitive.