Topic: chumby vs. estarling photo frame

So I just bought an eStarling photo frame as a gift -- it's a photo frame that includes wifi and on the server side they have an ability to funnel emailed images, rss images, etc. to show up on the frame. So playing around with it, I must say, that the hardware is fine, but user experience of it including the web site is shockingly bad. It's like they're EE heavy, and in particular they're terrible at crafting a usable, friendly user experience or a web site that works correctly. It's like they have Anti-Steve-Jobs on staff as their product designer.

Anyway, it was immediately clear to me that the Chumby folks could do a fantastic job on this, and I think the market is going to be huge. Make hardware for this case (bigger screen, maybe no touch sensor, charge more), and keep the neat UI and openness. The eStarling sells for $250 and I think that's a fine price *IF* the freakin website etc. worked at all competently, which theirs does not.

I think this is going to be a huge niche and Chumby Industries has the right skills, so go for it! Indeed, just buy an eStarling, set it up for relative ... and you will be so offended at how they've butchered it, you will be compelled to show them how it's done!