1 (edited by snackmaster 2007-12-18 21:04:17)

Topic: SSH connection refused - Help!

I just logged in to my chumby via ssh for the first time and had opened a music stream using btplay.

ssh 192.168.2.100 -l root
btplay http://internet.radio.station.url:port/stream.mp3

While the music was playing, i picked up the chumby and accidentally turned it off. When I turned it back on, it connects to my network fine, and runs through all my widgets, but if I try to ssh again I get a connection refused error. I've rebooted the chumby and my desktop, I know my router gave the chumby the same IP and I can ping that IP, but the chumby isn't having me back in by ssh.

ssh 192.168.2.100 -l root
ssh: connect to host 192.168.2.100 port 22: Connection refused

Do I have to delete some temporary process file that didn't get cleaned up when I broke the connection or something? I have no idea what I'm talking about, really. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: SSH connection refused - Help!

make sure ssh is enabled by going to the chumby info screen from the control panel and clicking the "pi" button in the upper right corner. This will take you to a hidden screen with buttons to enable ssh, use a file browser, reboot, or turn the chumby off.

Re: SSH connection refused - Help!

i just rebooted. that seemed to work. thanks! i didn't realize that was different than powering down using the switch.