Topic: Newbie Widget memory questions

Hey, Chumby programmer folks...

So I've been trying to fix my freezing Kotaku widget. According to Michael at Chumby, the most likely cause for this kind of problem would be that the widget is using too much memory.

I went and ran the widget for a few hours yesterday in a test Channel and everything seemed to work fine, but I don't know if that means it actually works now, or the stars just weren't aligned in a way that allowed me to reproduce the error. Maybe some news stories are more memory-intensive than others.

So I guess what I'm wondering is...

1. Is there a limit to the amount of memory a widget can take up?
2. Does this amount vary depending on whether I'm in a channel with lots of other widgets or a channel with just one widget?
3. Is there an easy way to test how much memory my widget is actually using? (I can run my widget in a standalone flash player in Windows, but I'm guessing that's not the same thing.)
4. Is there an easy way to test whether my widget has any kind of memory leak? (Something I'm guessing would be answered once I figure out the answer to #3)

I apologize if this has been covered already. I searched around in the wiki, but I had trouble finding anything. (Maybe _real_ Flash programmers know this stuff already.)

--T