Topic: Impressions and thoughts

So I've had my Chumby for a few days now and there are a few things I like and a few I don't. 

Just a quick checklist and see if anyone else has had these thoughts.

Many of the informational widgets (news, etc...) dont' allow you to interact at all.  I've found the Day in History to be the best because it has a scroll button on the side of the text.  While this is certainly a decision for those making the widgets it seems like a decent idea.

As an addition to that I would like to see a checkbox or something in the control panel that allows the channel to stay on the current widget if you are interacting with it.  A couple times I've been playing with the netflix or weather widget and it changed while I was reading it. 

I like the alarms with the beta control panel.  I used two alarms to set the day/night mode of my chumby by setting alarms that didn't make any noise and just put the chumby into night mode and day mode in the morning.  This seems to work pretty well.

Thanks

Re: Impressions and thoughts

If you interact with the widget in any way (including just touching the screen), it will extend the time of the widget for a minimum of 30 seconds from that time.

Since many of the widgets are based on RSS, many of them are showing everything that's in the feed.  Some of them with longer content will scroll the text if you touch and drag them.

Re: Impressions and thoughts

That's interesting.  It's happened a couple times that the next widget came up while I was still reading the text of the previous one.  After some fiddling I did notice that some of the widgets scroll the text but not all.  Thanks for the info.