1 (edited by Everywhereasign 2007-11-21 20:26:05)

Topic: Slimserver. I'm missing something obvious

I booted with the debug file and the Chumby's IP shows up on the slimserver.  I hit play and nothing happens.

No sound, the volume is up, nothing playing.

I'm assuming that the debug file worked because the Chumby showed up in the slimserver, but other then that I have no indication on the chumby, that it is playing or that the file ran.

If I SSH in and try to btplay it says it's already running.

I'm guessing it's a problem on the slimserver side, but I can't figure what it is.

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT:  I take it back, now the Chumby's ip isn't showing up in Slimserver anymore.  It's got to be something about my debug file.

EDIT...Again:  Okay, I can ssh in and use btplay to start the stream, everything works great.

I'm writting the debug using textedit on a Mac, how can I make sure I'm using UNIX-style line breaks?

Re: Slimserver. I'm missing something obvious

Everywhereasign wrote:

I'm writting the debug using textedit on a Mac, how can I make sure I'm using UNIX-style line breaks?

You can always edit the file locally right on the Chumby, using the built-in editor 'vi.'  There's a bit of a learning curve with it, but most old unix geeks have used it for decades.  It's the only editor I ever use.