Topic: Will take a neglected Chumby!

Hey there.

I have only recently learned what a Chumby is, but pretty quickly my interest in them has exploded. I have been looking into getting one however they are understandably just not that common. By my guess it's not out of a lack of supply but a simple lack of interest, as there are likely tons of Chumbies still out there, just currently residing in people's storage. Anyways, I figured I would have good luck asking here where the topic is purely Chumby.

I'm offering to give a nice home to someone's poor, dusty, forgotten about Chumby. I am specifically looking for a black colored Chumby Classic or a black colored Chumby 8 just because those are the ones I think look the best and would go best with my decor.

I'm interested to see how many people this will reach considering how niche this forum is.
Thank you everybody smile

Re: Will take a neglected Chumby!

There's a black classic on ebay at the moment   It'd need a 12v power supply.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Re: Will take a neglected Chumby!

If you're prepared to take an Infocast 3.5 or Infocast 8, then you should be able to find one without too much trouble.
The Infocast 3.5 is almost identical to a Chumby, and is black, so it should fit in with your decor.
The Infocast 8" is also black. You can leave it as it is, or flash it with Chumby C8 firmware by following instructions available on this forum.
I have kept my Infocast 8 as is, because I am a bit of a Chumby completionist and have many other Chumbys and Infocasts.
If it was the only device I had, then I would definitely flash it with the C8 firmware, because this makes the device much better and more flexible.
I've had an ebay alert for Chumby and Infocast devices happening for several years - there's not as many as there used to be, but there's still a trickle, and Infocast devices outnumber Chumbys.