Topic: no time overlay on picture slideshow

Just got my first  real Chumby 8 yesterday.
One thing I noticed is that when I am running photo slideshow I can't get the time overlay to work. Calendar overlay will work but not time. I tried a few things but couldn't get it to work.  My Infocast 8 works great with time overlay for slideshow either coming from memory card or Photobucket. Newest unit is running 1.8.2 on it hardware 9.9. Is there a fix for his?

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

Re: no time overlay on picture slideshow

ALSO noticed that unit sometimes blanks out or reboots when I am handling it. I suspect that the power supply is the problem. I used the power supply from my Infocast 8 (which works fine) to see if it was the power supply. It seemed to increase problems with the info8 power supply so I went back to original power supply and it seems to be fine just sitting there. I also thought it might be the power entry where the PS plugs in that has come a little loose. I am not good with soldering those places. Last idea is that the barnacle on the end of the PS is not as good a fit as needed. Was there a difference between I8 and C8 connector ends?
Any thoughts?
This PS does not seem to be a Chumby original. Does anyone have a working Chumby 8 PS they would like to pass along to me? Just trying to keep this black beauty working.

is it at least a 2.5 amp 5v power supply?

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

I8 and C8 used very similar supplies, the difference being that the I8 one had a 90° connector, while the C8 was straight through. The size of the barrel connector is the same.

I'm pretty sure they were made by the same manufacturer and have the same model number - Kings KSS18-050-2500U.  Looks like they're still available i other places besides just thechumbystore.com - they're not nearly as rare as C1/I3 supplies, which I basically make myself these days.

5 (edited by demarks51 2015-03-18 11:00:46)

It is the proper 2.5 amp 5v power supply. It just seems like a wrong movement of the chumby makes it blank out are reboot. Like it is losing connection somehow. I just  hope it is not the incoming connection that the PS fits into. AISB I am not very gifted with soldering small spots. I may just try a new PS and see if that fixes it.

BTW any answer about time overlay on picture slideshow?

Almost forgot about this post,
BUT I can now see time overlay on picture slideshow. I think the calendar part was on top of the clock. Anyway, I can now use clock overlay with the slideshow on the I8.