Topic: Free Clock For Subscribers?

Is the free clock available for subscribers? I don't see it when browsing the Clocks category.

Re: Free Clock For Subscribers?

Duane said that he'd make a version for the rest of us, but I don't know when it will be released.

This clock has been added to the app catalog as "Unsubscribed Clock".

It's actually a bit newer, in that it allows you to select the old LCARS clock.

4 (edited by unwiredben 2014-07-21 08:40:36)

http://chumby.com/guide/F1899D99-EDF7-3 … 9E5/widget for those that want a preview!

In that preview mode, it's overflowing "11:39" in the bottom LCARS-select button.  Not sure if that happens on device.

It does happen on a real device, at least on my chumby Classic.

OK, I'll look into that.  My guess is that I forgot to properly embed the font.

Thanks for bringing this beauty back for subscribers,  Duane. It's now in my widget rotation and lookin' good!

OK, I've fixed the font problem for the bottom button - reload your channels and let me know if you have any issues.

If it's OK, I'll set it up as the new default for unsubscribed users, which should close out the clock dispute.

9 (edited by unwiredben 2014-07-22 06:57:55)

Looks good in preview on the website.  I just tried refreshing my I8 and got server errors, so I can't test it there until that's fixed.

Update: after a reboot, my I8 came back and loaded the channel.  It looks like the widget doesn't retain the setting.  If you switch to LCARS, go to another widget, then return, you're back to the blue clock.  I guess that's not a big issue for the unsubscribed, since they don't have an account and don't switch widgets.

The app currently doesn't save the state of the clock, since, as you mentioned, it was designed for the "I'm the only running app" case.

I may add that in the future if enough subscribed people use this clock.

unwiredben wrote:

Update: after a reboot, my I8 came back and loaded the channel.  It looks like the widget doesn't retain the setting.  If you switch to LCARS, go to another widget, then return, you're back to the blue clock.  I guess that's not a big issue for the unsubscribed, since they don't have an account and don't switch widgets.

if you're subbed, you can just use the regular space clock widget, so this shouldn't be a deal breaker smile

actually, the unsubscribed still need to have an account, and have activated the chumby, otherwise they don't get the unsubbed clock.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Dunno if that happens on a real device, but on the preview app if you switch to LCARS mode then the left-side touch still acts like it's in the other clock and reacts as if there are 4 large icons

sweh wrote:

Dunno if that happens on a real device, but on the preview app if you switch to LCARS mode then the left-side touch still acts like it's in the other clock and reacts as if there are 4 large icons

It does happen on a real device. I don't really mind, as it means that I can switch back to the blue clock, which I like better, without reloading the widget.

sweh wrote:

Yes, I left the button hotspots there even when the LCARS clock is showing, so you can switch back out of it.

The LCARS clock itself has no interactivity, so it doesn't interfere with its operation.

15 (edited by mgwynn 2014-07-22 17:20:51)

may we, could we... start calling 'them' unsubs?   

kinda like that ridiculous TV show Criminal Minds?

please?

*chuckle*

it's certainly less unwieldy than "those who have not yet chosen to partake of the full wonderful bounty that the chumbysphere offers"

Hi Duane, first of all thanks for keeping chumby up. Would it be possible to get a 24 hours version of the LCARS unsubs clock?

see!??! I told you!

sky123 wrote:

Hi Duane, first of all thanks for keeping chumby up. Would it be possible to get a 24 hours version of the LCARS unsubs clock?

Yes.
1. Go to Settings on the Control Panel.
2. Click on Time/Date.
3. Check 24 hour mode.

Actually, never mind. 24 hour mode works fine in the normal clock,  but the LCARS clock just displays the normal, 12 hour time without the AM/PM indicator. This is strange because the original Space Clock widget does support 24 hour mode.

Hmmm I'll check that - it's supposed to do it too.

personally, I think the lcars clock should show galactic time, you know, stardate blah blah and all that, minutes and seconds are so earth centric!

23 (edited by dead-eye 2014-07-24 14:28:40)

@diamaunt  Why not be Earth-centric. It happens to be my favorite planet.  (It's where I keep all my stuff.)

you earthlings, so focused on this little ball of mud! :eyeroll:

smile

aw... it's not so bad here

"earth girls are easy"      imdb.com/title/tt0097257/

(crap...  not allowed to post links)