Topic: Using Insignia Infocast (running C8 control panel) as a Media Reader

Background:
I have an 8" Insignia Infocast (I8) running the Chumby 8" control panel.

Issue:
I would like to make use of the many memory card slots on the I8. It would be swell to use it as a simple media reader using the many slots.

Work thus far:
I am able to ssh into the I8 and see the folders/files on the compact flash card I tested this out with yesterday. However, I had trouble grabbing the files and bringing them down to my OS X (10.8) machine. Trouble being, I don't know how. Perhaps I need to do more research; I would like make the steps very simple, though.

To be honest, I am just waiting for the price of a media reader to come down in price before I pull the trigger, but this seems like it should be fairly do'able and fairly labor-free.

Re: Using Insignia Infocast (running C8 control panel) as a Media Reader

Just so it is clear, I am not looking for step by step instructions. Just a nudge in the right general direction.

You should be able to use SCP to pull the files from the C8 to your Mac - either the built-in command-line tool, or you can try Cyberduck.  On your Mac: "scp root@ip.of.your.c8:/path/to/file ."

You should also be able to create an NFS share on the C8 and mount it on your Mac.

Thank you for the suggestions. I appreciate your help.