Topic: Sky Happenings Always Raining

Sky happenings seems to be stuck on showing rain all the time.  I've tried removing it and adding it again, but it's not helping.  Anyone know how to solve this?

Re: Sky Happenings Always Raining

Do you have Sky Happenings - Weather edition, or just the plain Sky Happenings?
If you have the Weather edition, it will mirror the weather in the location you have it set for. If it keeps raining there, it will keep raining on the Chumby.
As for the other Sky Happenings, mine is showing sunshine at the moment, so it's not a global problem. I'm not even sure that it does show rain on that version...storms, yes, but just plain rain, I don't know.

steelpaw wrote:

Do you have Sky Happenings - Weather edition, or just the plain Sky Happenings?
If you have the Weather edition, it will mirror the weather in the location you have it set for. If it keeps raining there, it will keep raining on the Chumby.
As for the other Sky Happenings, mine is showing sunshine at the moment, so it's not a global problem. I'm not even sure that it does show rain on that version...storms, yes, but just plain rain, I don't know.

Yea, it's Sky Happenings.  I know it shows the current weather, that's the problem.  It hasn't rained here for at least a week, and it's just stuck on rain.

chiswede wrote:

Yea, it's Sky Happenings.  I know it shows the current weather, that's the problem.  It hasn't rained here for at least a week, and it's just stuck on rain.

I also live in Chicago and this is the only app I use.  I noticed the weather is off on this and the Sony Dash for the last week or so.  Hopefully it will get fixed.  I miss the updated visual and weather.

timtech wrote:
chiswede wrote:

I also live in Chicago and this is the only app I use.  I noticed the weather is off on this and the Sony Dash for the last week or so.  Hopefully it will get fixed.  I miss the updated visual and weather.

You getting constant rain on it too?

chiswede wrote:

You getting constant rain on it too?

Yes, no matter what zip code I put in online, I get 47F and rainy.

Mine shows that it has been a solid 25 degrees for a long time.

8 (edited by cbreeze 2012-01-19 09:57:28)

Are these all on the Sony dash?  Also, if you leave a comment on the actual app page, it usually sends an email to the developer.  That's probably your best bet for response.

Sky Happenings
SH - Weather Edition

My guess is that the weather api that it's using has either changed, or has reached it's "free" limit, and has been disabled for this app.

-dev

No, this is happening on a 3.5-inch Infocast and a 8-inch Infocast (running the C8 software).  They both show the same temperature, so this supports your guess that the weather api is somehow broken.

cbreeze wrote:

Are these all on the Sony dash?  Also, if you leave a comment on the actual app page, it usually sends an email to the developer.  That's probably your best bet for response.

Sky Happenings
SH - Weather Edition

My guess is that the weather api that it's using has either changed, or has reached it's "free" limit, and has been disabled for this app.

-dev

Mine is on an original Chumby.

Same problem on my Chumby One. Stuck on 47 F and Sunny. I've got Sky Happenings Weather Edition with the overlay to always show the temp.

I just seen in the app review section that the developer is looking into the issue with NOAA.  I'm very excited to hear that it's being looked at.  It would be great to have this app back alive again.

Hello everyone! I'm the developer behind the Sky Happenings widgets. As much as I would love to get this working again, it's going to be a long shot. NOAA has changed a bit since I've built this. Looking for someone to help me sort through some weather code. I'm a print designer by day, and the little code I know is just enough to be dangerous. If anyone has the inclination to help get this back on track I'd be game.

hi mcconnell,
if you can post the source code / as files etc someplace on a webserver or email them to me ( msharp42@Fastmail.fm ) I will be happy to help.

@mcconnell- Great to see you on the forum. I don't know if you've followed the development of offline firmware, but member zurk modified your widget in some way that it picked up the right weather info outside the Chumby infrastructure. Maybe that could give you a lead on how to approach the original widget. Duane has also commented on the problems with NOAA.

Thanks for all the great widgets you've made. It's an amazing range, from this to Bar Clock.