Topic: clocks don't keep up

The Omni clock and another one similar to that one just stop keeping the correct time. Any reason for this? I usually have to flip to another clock and flip back to that one and it catches up for a while. I need a relable clock so this is not good.  I like the weather happenings so I may just stick with that one. I was just wondering why a couple fo the clocks don't keep good time.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

Re: clocks don't keep up

That would either be the result of a poory written widget, or a flaw in the hardware.

If some clocks work, and others don't, then that would point to these widgets being the problem.

Does "Space Clock" lose the correct time?

@demarks51- Just curious... are you using Omniclock as the only widget in a channel, or keeping it pinned, or what? Also, what device are you using? I've used Omniclock as part of a channel rotation, never had a problem with it keeping time over years. I just tried "pinning" it on my C1 for a few hours to see what would happen, and it's still right to the second. But why don't you just make a channel with two clock widgets you like, alternating? Whatever's happening, it sounds like then they would keep each other kicked to updating the time. The only time I had a problem with one of these multi-function clocks was using the offline software, but I can't remember which clock widget it was. And sometimes if I switch to an analog clock, it may take a couple of seconds for the hands to 'jump' to the right time. But no other clock problems I recall.

Granted, some of the multi-function clocks have weird quirks. I can't remember which, but one doesn't show the date for the whole month of May- no problems with any other months!

I pinned it for a full day and it just quit keeping up. I switch to another clock and back to it and it catches up.

I just don't want to leave it on Omniclock if it doesn't correct time especially since I use this for my alarm in the morning. Weather Happenings always works all the time.