Topic: Widget Templates

I'm saving my favorite widgets offline. I understand everything fine except the "template" files for widgets. Some have a full URL to fetch a template file, which I save. But some just have a partial url like this:

/xml/configs/62BAE584-FDA9-11DE-9C2D-001E681DF646

I've tried numerous starts for what the URL might be, ie chumby.com, xml.chumby.com, the "movies" URL, etc. But nothing will bring me a file from wget. Does anyone know how the URL would start to get me the file?

In a past forum response I was told the widgets would run ok without these templates, ignore them. But now as time marches on, I'm worried they might be something I should try to save when I still can.

Re: Widget Templates

"Templates" are an ancient name for the configuration SW that you see for some widgets that allow you to configure them on the web site.

In the early days, we intended to have the ability to create an XML file that would describe the settings a widget needed, and the site would construct an appropriate UI.  We eventually abandoned that idea is favor of using another Flash movie, since most widgets needed something much more sophisticated than could be handled with just XML.

I think you can tell if there's actually a template based on the mime type of the template - it's it's a SWF, then the template movie exists.