Topic: I really need help to activate my infocast/delete former owner's devic

I bought a used Infocast and it will not activate in my name because the one that had before evidently did not delete it from their account.
ID: (REDACTED)
Registerd to: (REDACTED)
Device name: (REDACTED)
Please inform when you have deleted this item so I can activate it asap.
I sent two customer service contacts and no response.
Please help me! I bought this from Amazon as a used but like new. Guy I bought if from said he doesn't know the former owner. He just resells stuff on Amazon.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

Re: I really need help to activate my infocast/delete former owner's devic

Already done, sent response in email.

Technically, since this was an Infocast, not a chumby-branded product, you are supposed to go through Insignia/Best Buy for this type of support.

Funny thing is I did go to Insignia first and they sent me to Chumby to fix this. They seemed powerless to do anything for me. They want to sell a product but seemed less than symathetic to fix this problem. All in all, I am a happy camper since I can now use my Chumby (aka Infocast) as designed. Duane, you are the man. Thanks for helping me. You are appreciated.

Hmmm, you must have gotten a new customer service rep.  I get several deactivation requests per week from Insignia.

What they said was "that is a provider problem" not something we can do. SO they tell me to get in touch with Chumby. How hard would it be to take the info and contact you directly and get it done? I am just glad you got me up and running.

Whoever you talked to was wrong.  There's a policy and procedure in place for this with Insignia - they are required to provide first-tier support and work directly with us for these sorts of issues.