Topic: Pandora widget is so vexing

I've been using the Chumby Pandora widget for several months, and there are a few bugs that drive me up the wall.

The most notable is when clicking Menu -> Why This Song?

It is fairly random, but I'd guess that about 10-20% of the time this causes the widget to crash.  The song that was playing continues, but Chumby goes back to its "Channel".  To get Pandora back, one has to run it all over again, and it starts anew and forgets the previous songs it was playing.

Another bug is that it periodically starts displaying the information for a future song, rather than the current one.  This is immediately noticeable even without listening to the song, as it doesn't shade the album cover background in a light blue (as is normal for the current song).

The only way to (temporarily) get it back on track is to hit the left arrow and then the right arrow.

Another bug is not software per se, but just poor user interface design.

When one hits the "Menu" button, the screen changes, and a new button "Snooze a month" appears almost exactly in the same place.  Unless one is really careful in how one touches the screen, the Pandora widget may interpret this as two clicks and incorrectly invoke "Snooze a month".

Re: Pandora widget is so vexing

Over seven months on, and the bugs still haven't been fixed.  How depressing.

I'll list another one in the (pointless?) hope that the Chumby folks listen...

When a song ends and another begins, the album art goes from blue to gray.

If one hits the Pause button when it goes gray but before the next song starts, the Pandora app goes into a funky state.  Hitting Play again doesn't work.

The only workaround seems to be to select a different channel.