Topic: Does anyone have an idea on how to access a custom stream on a Chumby8

Does anyone have an idea on how to access a custom stream on a Chumby8? There is no "My Stream" as in the Chumby One, and the YouStreams widget does not seem to start on the Chumby8 (in fact, I don't even see it despite having installed it).

Re: Does anyone have an idea on how to access a custom stream on a Chumby8

nicecell,

We are working on an app that will hopefully* be released sometime soon that should be able to handle this type of request.

-chumbyross

Awesome! Can't wait.

FYI it looks like no one is working on this any more.  sad

what did I miss?  someone got banned?

wfg97079 wrote:

what did I miss?  someone got banned?

Yes, it was a spammer trying to sell boots.

Any news on a custom streamer like YouStreams for the Chumby8?  This would be a very welcome app.

Just like to ask again: is there any update on this issue? Without custom streams the Chumby8 is almost useless to me... :-(

Just a brief update on this issue:
I just had a chat with one of the service guys. He mentioned that he has it as highest priority from customers for requested features.

Unfortunately, he told me (well, not directly but you could tell it from his words) that this missing feature is unlikely to be implemented and provided via SW update. It seems that the management of chumby is kind of not seeing the need to provide it.

For me, this means that I will return my chumby back to the store. :-(

Highest priority from customers as a requested feature but not provided.  is anybody there does anybody care (George Washington)?

Even some of the music that is there cannot be used for tasks (e.g. iheart radio).  I've seen this before.  People forget what got them to where they are.

Let's see if "chumby management" steps up to the plate.

I have just purchased a Chumby8 and felt like returning  it when I found it did not have Mystreams.
And that the ONLY worthwhile clock of all Chumby clocks does not work on the C8 (Large Digital Clock).
I have since been able to perform the hack to enable use of Youstreams, which is good, only to discover that it cant be used as an alarm!!
In order to survive Chumby Industries needs to do 1 of 2 things.
1. Listen to the screams of customers and do the the hard work necessary to implement necessary features. It should not be necessary to rely on frustrated geeks to create good apps!

2. Get a leader of the ilk of Steve Jobs. Many people other than Jobs have the ability to envision a product of high quality - Steve Jobs had the unique ability to bludgeon the  lazy engineers to create quality product and do the hard work

Where exactly did you find this hack?  I installed the helper script but youstreams doesn't even appear in the channel I created for it.

Thanks

13 (edited by neil 2011-10-30 20:50:51)

to danfxx, check the following link (to this forum)
http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?id=4942&p=6
The 2 relevent posts that I followed were by duke4d (post139)
and gsharpe (post 142) ( both required).
Edit: I did not have to do any of point(step) 3.x of duke4d's post.
Youstreams works on my C8 at least, and good luck to you!

Thanks