Topic: Custom URL Stream with Chumby8?

Does anyone have an idea on how to access a custom stream on a Chumby8? There is no "My Stream" as in the Chumby One, and the YouStreams widget does not seem to start on the Chumby8 (in fact, I don't even see it despite having installed it).

Cheers,

Tobias

Re: Custom URL Stream with Chumby8?

I would also like to know where the "My Stream" is... missing it on my chumby 8 sad

-Brian

My Streams is not yet available on the Chumby 8.

For me, that disqualifies the Chumby 8. The main application for my Chumby is as an internet radio, and most of the stations I listen to are only available via "My Streams."

I got an infocast and discovered there was no iheartradio. So I sold it and got a chumby 8.
Please get youstreams working for chumby8.

Maybe make an app for lrn.fm radio.

I do miss mystreams from the Classic and One wink

Exciter wrote:

I got an infocast and discovered there was no iheartradio. So I sold it and got a chumby 8.
Please get youstreams working for chumby8.

Maybe make an app for lrn.fm radio.

For the Infocast 8, follow the instructions below and you will have iheartradio. It's extremely simple!!!

http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?pid=36667#p36667

me too.

when i bought my chumby 8 (probably one of the first), i didn't think it won't be available 4 months later sad

moreover i'm lookingfor a solution to redirect audio stream from a pc to the chumby. IS there something available?

thanks

Soon :-)

On Aug 15, 2011, Neil, from Chumby Support wrote:

Thank you for your email and question.  You are correct, this feature is currently not in chumby 8s.  Good news is one of our developer is currently working on a app that will play custom streams.  Should be complete and released within a month.  Feel free to check back with us for any updates.  Have a good day!

Sincerely,

Neil

Chumby Support

Any update on this?

bob182 wrote:

Soon :-)

On Aug 15, 2011, Neil, from Chumby Support wrote:

Thank you for your email and question.  You are correct, this feature is currently not in chumby 8s.  Good news is one of our developer is currently working on a app that will play custom streams.  Should be complete and released within a month.  Feel free to check back with us for any updates.  Have a good day!

Sincerely,

Neil

Chumby Support

-wfg97079,
   Unfortunately the person  that was working on this app has decided not to pursue it. I will give more updates in the future if anything changes.

-chumbyross

Does that mean that no one is working on it now?  Is this not a popular request?  It seems like it should be fairly simple as it can be achieved via the command line without any problem.

-wfg97079

Yes, as of right now it is not being worked on from the chumby side. I am not sure if any other customers have thought of doing something similar in an app form.

-chumbyross

There a way to request it?