Topic: CodeSourcery Toolchains (Scratchbox)

Hi,

I'm trying to get a toolchain set up with Scratchbox, and noticed that the codesourcery toolchains referenced in the Wiki are no longer present at the specified urls. Any ideas?

http://wiki.chumby.com/mediawiki/index.php/Scratchbox

Re: CodeSourcery Toolchains (Scratchbox)

Use the files on the chumby site:
http://files.chumby.com/toolchain/arm-2 … nu.tar.bz2

Thanks!

Working through the install, using the toolchain on the Chumby site, I'm having a few problems, one of which is a number of 'unsafe for cross-compilation' messages that worry me when running the create_toolchain_conf.py script:

[sbox-HOST: ~] > darcs get --set-scripts-executable http://scratchbox.org/repos/1.0/sb-toolchain-extras
Copying patch 485 of 485... done!
Applying patches to the "working" directory...
..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Finished getting.
[sbox-HOST: ~] > popd
/scratchbox/compilers/arm-2008q3
[sbox-HOST: /scratchbox/compilers/arm-2008q3] > ~/sb-toolchain-extras/confhelper/create_toolchain_conf.py > \
>  ~/sb-toolchain-extras/meta/alien-tc/arm-2008q3.conf
./bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-ld: warning: library search path "/usr/local/lib" is unsafe for cross-compilation
./bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-ld: warning: library search path "/lib" is unsafe for cross-compilation
./bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-ld: warning: library search path "/usr/lib" is unsafe for cross-compilation
./arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: warning: library search path "/usr/local/lib" is unsafe for cross-compilation
./arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: warning: library search path "/lib" is unsafe for cross-compilation
./arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: warning: library search path "/usr/lib" is unsafe for cross-compilation

Are these warnings a problem?

Also, at the step where I'm asked to perform a few steps as root:

echo 0 > /proc/sys/vm/vdso_enabled

I get:

root# echo 0 > /proc/sys/vm/vdso_enabled
bash: /proc/sys/vm/vdso_enabled: No such file or directory
root# echo 4096 > /proc/sys/vm/mmap_min_addr
bash: /proc/sys/vm/mmap_min_addr: No such file or directory

I'm concerned about proceeding with these issues. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

I'm seeing identical output.  What does it mean?  What am I doing wrong?