Topic: Password

If this is already an option that I've just missed, please let me know.

Can a widget take control of the top button? If so, I think a password widget would be fantastic. If not, maybe that's something the Chumbians could tackle.

Depending on your use of the chumby, it has access to a lot of information you don't want just anybody to get to. For example, e-mail, facebook, media streaming from your computer, etc. It would be nice to have a way to lock the chumby from prying eyes. If a widget can use the top button, it'd be as simple as making it not do anything until the password is entered.

As for interface, somebody I know has a phone with a quick, easy lock that I would like to see on the chumby. There's a grid of 9 or so dots on the screen, and you simply create a sequence of dots to drag your finger along.

What do you all think?

Re: Password

At the very least, the ability to password protect a specific channel?

We're talking about this internally - it's come up a number of times.

In lieu of a lack of passwords, I occasionally rename a channel that has sensitive info '-DELETE MY CHANNELS-' to avoid anyone from entering the channel.  It also appears at the top of the channels list & looks legit.

Ah "social engineering", my favorite kind of engineering!

Very clever!

Duane wrote:

Ah "social engineering", my favorite kind of engineering!

Very clever!

"Social Engineering" also happens to be one of my favorite oxymorons.

It's right up there with "Civil Engineering", "Rap Music", and "Microsoft Works".