Topic: Channels: more direct way to change channels from main control panel

Hi,

I did not seem to find any other requests about this so hopefully this is not a duplicate thread.

I would find it super helpful if I could change channels directly from the main control panel screen.  I have my widgets organized by categories (eg: games, news, pics/vids) and for me to change to the different channels I have to:

1) Go to Control Panel
2) Click on Channel
3) Click on Change
4) Scroll and find the channel I want
5) Click on the channel I want

That gets to be a lot of clicking for how I use the Chumby.

I thought it might be helpful if there was a place on the main control panel screen where we could cycle through the list of channels much like we can cycle through the widgets in a channel with the left/right arrows.

Thanks!
-Rich

Re: Channels: more direct way to change channels from main control panel

I've seen similar requests, but i second your suggestion. I do think that there's a lot of backtracking and clicking involved, a master channel that shows thumbnails of the other channels would would nice. Essentially what's already on the Chumby wouldnt be much different but the way the channels are presented to the user make or break the experience.

I think they want to be able to touch the screen while the plug-in/radio widget is playing. and get a keypad with a display to enter the frequency by hand...

wink

It would be nice wink

Yeah, shortcut gestures would be awesome. I listen to radio via mystreams, i kind of just lock it there bc its too much of a hassel to switch back and forth. If i could press three times in the lower right hand corner or whatever to get back to my 'radio' page it would be easier.

It is frustrating how much paging around is necessary. I listen to music one way and one way only- there is no 'take me to my radio' shortcut, just endless options.

+1 for this suggestion.

I've only had my Chumby One for a few days now but already found that changing channels is a bit of pain. When the control panel comes up instead of having various widgets to select on the left side, I'd rather select from various channels. If you think of the channels like you do on your TV then being able to switch / page thru them quickly is the main thing people do.

Another cool option would be if you could assign a radio setting (stream) to a channel. This way whenever THAT channel was selected your selected stream would start to play. This way you could tie a given set of widgets to a music option.