Topic: Buttons, please

Please consider adding 4 user defiable button on the top (so I don't have to grab it to push the button)

These could be used for:

Shortcut to radio, mute, next/last widget, etc.

Thanks,

M

Re: Buttons, please

Are you talking about physical buttons?

Oops, sorry --  yes.

I also prefer additional hardware buttons on the chumby one. But this is no solution for my current device. Currently I can press the button (open control panel / snooze) or press the button and tilt the device (next widget).

Is it possible to assign different functions to the button depending on the duration? Similar to my PDA:
- short press
- long press
- very long press
- press twice (double click)

I like having the single button myself, but short press/long press/press twice would be great.  Something customizable - short press goes to the control panel, long press goes to Music, for instance.

rudison wrote:

I also prefer additional hardware buttons on the chumby one. But this is no solution for my current device. Currently I can press the button (open control panel / snooze) or press the button and tilt the device (next widget).

Is it possible to assign different functions to the button depending on the duration? Similar to my PDA:
- short press
- long press
- very long press
- press twice (double click)

Would it be possible to have an accessory "base"?

The base would plug into the USB port and provide extra buttons and maybe a larger battery. It would be cool to be able to move the Chumby from room to room and plug into the base(s) a la iPod...

With a little work, something like this could be added.  You could add any buttons/functions you wanted...  http://tinyurl.com/y9bsz7g

A little base with a keyboard IC supporting a few buttons, An extra couple USB ports... speakers...  a Chumbdock?

I'll help beta test one if someone makes it. wink

Wow. That BS1USB Board is pretty cool. Thanks.

It would be cool to have a Arduino in a docking base -- maybe a battery, buttons and led(s) -- that would be a cool little Chumby add on. The Chumby One design would make it easier to put a docking connector in the base than the Chumby Classic (I assume).