Topic: widget switching

I would love to be able to switch widgets in a channel by touching the screen rather than from a set time (5, 10, 15 seconds, etc)

I envision this:

Alarm goes off, I look at the clock, I touch the screen to switch from the clock to the weather report then back again.

I know this might be hard because the weather widget is already touch-sensitive to flip between forecasts and radar.

So, if touching the screen isn't possible, then how about making the "control panel button" on the top of the Chumby the flip method?

Tap to flip to next widget or hold for 5 seconds for the control panel?

Either way, it'd be nice to flip widgets without having to wait for the timer to do it.

Re: widget switching

There's an easter egg involving the accelerometer -- hold down the top button and tilt the chumby to the right to advance, and tilt it to the left to go back.

omg. Brilliant! This gadget is definitely on my short list.

First, thanks to ChumbyLurker for the heads-up on the "undocumented feature".

The only drawback is that when the alarm goes off at 6:00am after 4 hours of sleep, I'm not coordinated enough to use this feature and end up either forgetting which way I was tilting the Chumby from the last widget, or cycling between the control panel screen and the widgets. 

tongue

Anyhow, I think that taping the Chumby bar to flip widgets (one direction only) and holding it for 5 seconds for the Chumby control panel is still a great idea.