Topic: Cascading alarm

Chumby team,

Please, please, PLEASE update the firmware to include a cascading alarm.  You have delivered on my first wish; separate listening volume from the alarm volume now only if it would cascade.  Imagine waking up to Pandora slowly growing louder as you awake from a slumber... perfection!

Re: Cascading alarm

The chumby device does this already during the first 15s of the alarm. 

It might be that the authentication process to Pandora is eating a bit into those 15s thus shortening the actually audible fade-in time to a less perceptible duration.

Oh yeah, I guess it helps if I'm a little clearer huh? haha.  I know it has a short cascade and since the feature is already there it would be great to see this user designated.  It takes me a good 15-20 minutes to wake up in the morning, I'd love for it to cascade at a time interval I set (i.e. "Increase Volume Every (15 seconds, 30 seconds, 45 seconds, 1 min, 5 min, etc).

Same here. The whole time I've used Chumby as an alarm clock, I've had to, well... I've been "boxing" with its functionality.

I'm awakened easily by it, within about 5 seconds of it going off (heh... what can I say? *ahem*). But it presents me with no urgency - yay, music. I snooze it and lightly doze off again. It goes off again, I snooze it again. It goes off again. As it gets louder I reach over and roll the volume knob... I don't want it to turn off (snooze) again, I'm enjoying the music. But as I turn it down, it bounces back as the volume increments upwards. Ack. Not 'til it's done ramping up can I turn it down again. When I finally do, I lay there enjoying the song for the next 5 minutes...

... Then the backup alarm kicks in. Ughh, what? I snoozed it twice, it knows it's working. Maybe it was built with the functionality of a traditional alarm clock in mind - annoy the hell out of the sleeper until they wake up and knock the clock off the shelf! wink So to plug the "what-if" deficiencies, the backup alarm was made in case "Bugle" didn't play. But I like wake-up music. While I'd much appreciate a fall-back in case no sound is being made... can't it tell that I already hit Snooze? =P

If the alarms get a cool new cascade function (or option, rather), I'd also love to see the backup alarm stop being so annoying wink