Topic: Pandora cutting off the end of songs

I am really enjoying running the pandora client on the chumby, yet another thing I have offloaded screen realestate on my pc to the chumby.  However it seems like everyonce in awhile the end of a song gets cut off, and the next song starts playing.  I havent experianced the behavior with the PC webclient for pandora.

Re: Pandora cutting off the end of songs

I have also seen this behaviour.

-HuckFinn

We've filed a bug for this so QA can take a look at it.

You can throw me in with the people who have experienced this one.

Yeah, what's weird about this one is that is just started happening recently on chumby, but we haven't changed anything in the software, nor does it occur with other music sources that use the same player infrastructure - which would seem to imply that the problem is upstream.

Pandora even seems to have a FAQ entry on this very issue.

I've also found people reporting this same behavior on iPhone/iPod Touch and SlimServer, so whatever it is, it doesn't appear to be isolated to chumby.

For me, this also seems to happen with the Pandora webclient.

This happens for me only on my chumby, not the iPhone or desktop.

Well, I havent used pandora on chumby. but the web pandora does time out or stop after about 30 mins-1hr. they do it to make sure you are still listening, you have to click to acknowledge you are still using the app.
Siriusxm online does it too..its annoying because I am a member of both sirius (paid subscription)and pandora (free subscription)and physically log in to use the radio, obviously its because they want as much availablity as possible to other listeners but you would think if you are logged in you are using the service no matter how much time passes.  Shoutcast though Ive notices does not interrupt or stop.

I can't answer to this question.I am not American smile

I'm running version 2.0.5, just downloaded a week ago. I'm having this same issue now. running windows xp pro on 802.11g. when the laptop comes awake from sleeping and I resume playback, it plays for a while then cuts off and plays the next song. this is a totally different bug, and is understandable, loosing the connection while asleep. but during normal playback, sometimes it cuts off a song about once an hour. I don't experience any internet connectivity issues, and bandwidth isn't an issue. even if the cause is a socket disconnection, this should still be fixable, to have it try a reconnect for the same song. just my thoughts on the problem.

I'm running Pandora from a HARDWIRED connection.  I'm using ethernet cable from cable router/whatchamacallit.  That goes into my rca blu ray which has the streaming and Pandora. Brand new samsung tv.  Pandora cuts songs BIG TIME.  Am ready to disconnect ALL OF IT and return ALL OF IT to start over.  I tried to upgrade pandora to get rid of the jarring song cutoffs and for $30 they deleted ads, nothing else, the quality was identical, cutoff songs as well. total CRAP.

In other words, its not the source, not your streaming media, it is PANDORA that is JUNK JUNK JUNK

I've experienced this behavior with Pandora on my Android phone (HTC EVO 4G, not a wimpy phone by any stretch of the imagination though it's getting on in years).  It doesn't happen too often, but it's particularly jarring when I'm driving down the freeway in my truck and have the phone patched into the stereo, am rockin' out to one of my favorite songs... and all of a sudden *cut* ... new song... "whut?"

I'm a paid Pandora One subscriber BTW hmm