Topic: Sleep Sound dies and channels disappear

I like to use the Sleep Sound widget for noise at night.  Almost every night the sound will stop and if that wakes me up I check the Chumby and ALL the channels are gone.  If I restart it all the channels come back.  Sometimes when I sleep through the 'event' I'll see that all the channels are back and Sleep Sound is just waiting for me to start the noise again.

I thought that maybe I was losing the wireless connection so I added a new AP about 10 feet away from the Chumby and left the old AP on the other side of the house but it's still happening.  It could still be the wireless connection I guess since the AP is about 5 feet above the Chumby so I'm it's probably not exactly in the WiFi plane from the AP but I find it hard to believe that the WiFi signal is bad enough to lose connectivity every night.

Thanks for any help.

Re: Sleep Sound dies and channels disappear

there are a lot of problems that people have with the sleep sound generator, but this sounds like an internet problem. if you have very bad connection then it won't load any more of the chanels. but it'll eventualy reload the internet, and reset itself.

Re: Sleep Sound dies and channels disappear

I thought it was the internet connection also so that's why I added the new AP.  I was kind of hoping there'd at least be some kind of log that I could look at that would confirm this.  I don't see this problem on my wireless laptop but I also don't use my laptop continuously.  And I haven't noticed a problem with my wired devices but it seems that the Chumby is WAY more sensitive to a loss of connection.  Most devices can handle small outages without a problem.  The Chumby just freaks out.  If I could change one thing about the Chumby it would be that it continued to function even if the wireless goes down.