1 (edited by nige 2006-08-31 12:54:52)

Topic: Lower level programming

Hello!
I'm most curious about the sensor module, and potential uses of it. However there seems to be some conflict between Flash Lite UIs and low level access of sensor modules (unless I'm missing some binding between the two? Even considering CGI on a local webserver being accessed by the widget, but it seems insanely inefficient.)

EDIT: apologies, appears I missed the ASnative() stuff, as yet undocumented. But anyway . . . .

So . . . how hard is coding a GUI app without using Flash Lite likely to be? As simple as framebuffer access? And will it disrupt the rest of the system if you try to do it . . .

Thanks

Re: Lower level programming

nige wrote:

So . . . how hard is coding a GUI app without using Flash Lite likely to be? As simple as framebuffer access? And will it disrupt the rest of the system if you try to do it . . .

Yes, you can write pixels to /dev/fb0 and get touchscreen events from /dev/ts.  We've added a /dev/bend to get information from the  bend sensor, and there are several /proc/sys things for setting thresholds, etc.

I got Cairo running and tied it into KJS to make a scriptable graphics thing for some early designs that didn't have Flash.  At some point I'll probably clean up that project and bring it up to date with the current hardware  so folks can play with it.

Interested!  Please post it up when you get time!

Linux Guy - Occasional Chumby Hacker

Yikes! This is an ancient thread.

5 (edited by Materdaddy 2008-05-10 06:23:00)

I like digging up ancient threads, although now that I look 'nige' hasn't been around in just under 2 years, I somehow think he's not going to post any response. big_smile

Linux Guy - Occasional Chumby Hacker