Topic: Run a script *after* startup

I have a script in /psp that I want to automatically run *after* the chumby is fully booted up and done loading the control panel. Is there an easy way to do this? I wasn't having any luck trying to call it from the debugchumby script. Thanks in advance!

Re: Run a script *after* startup

DHL,

Have any luck with this yet?  I'm trying to do the same but would like to load up before the control panel but not having any luck at all.  Anyone out there have any suggestions??  Is there a way to deactivate the control panel from loading up with a script loaded from the USB?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Run a script *after* startup

KVMaster wrote:

DHL,

Have any luck with this yet?  I'm trying to do the same but would like to load up before the control panel but not having any luck at all.  Anyone out there have any suggestions??  Is there a way to deactivate the control panel from loading up with a script loaded from the USB?

Thanks in advance!

yes, I got it working by telling the script to run in the background by using the ampersand. For this particular script, it actually makes more sense to run it in the bg and I should have tried that to being with. I added a line to the debugchumby script like this:

./scriptname &

Give it a try and see if it works.