Topic: ActionScript Keyboard/Helpers

I believe there has been some discussion of not releasing the Chumby OS (main control panel) source, but what about releasing pieces of it?  I would find it very useful to have the "keyboard" portions released, such as the WEP/WPA key entry stuff.  Even the full qwerty from the ShoutCast widget would be nice.

Google searches of ActionScript/Flash/etc. and keyboard come up with how to read keyboard input, not any sample code or anything for a drawn/clickable keyboard class.

I plan on writing a widget to monitor my web host and if a services goes down I'd like to be able to enter a password on the Chumby to ssh to my host and restart a service.  I don't want to re-write the keyboard portion for a couple of reasons.  First, I've never written ActionScript or done ANY flash programming, and secondly, it would be nice to have consistency across widgets.

Also, does anybody have any good links for getting started with MTASC or Ming or some open-source linux flash development?  I know, you'll all post links to the wiki, but nothing there is very useful that I've seen.  I also was looking through amazon for some books but it's hard to tell which ones expect you to be using some flash IDE and which ones will be easy to use in linux.  If you have any book recommendations I'd like to hear those as well.

Linux Guy - Occasional Chumby Hacker