Topic: White noise widget stopping in 20 seconds?

I've been using a widget (not sure what it's called) that generates white noise, or a "river" sound, or "waves" sounds, etc. It's handy for sleeping, which is what it's intended for. In the past, I could start it going (in a channel all by itself) and it would continue indefinitely, making its white noise through the night with no problem. Lately, though, it has started cutting off after about 20 to 30 seconds. And it cuts off reliably: that is, every single time I get it started, it will soon cut off the sound. The widget stays on screen; it's just that the sound stops. Pressing any of the on-screen buttons ("Waves" or "River" etc.) will reliable start it again, but it cuts off shortly thereafter.

Obviously, this may be a widget problem, and if so, I'll try to contact the maker. But I believe the cut-off problem started right around the time I saw that my control panel says "BETA" in faint red letters. So, I make note of it here for what it's worth, especially considering that it used to work fine.

Re: White noise widget stopping in 20 seconds?

This probably belongs in the "Beta Bugs" category, but I don't know how to move it.

Thanks for the report. I haven't been able to reproduce this behavior with the release control panel or the beta. If you run the release control panel does the sound play as expected?

I went back to the most recent non-Beta control panel. The widget worked fine -- sound continued as it's supposed to. So then I returned to the Beta control panel -- and the sound also continued as it's supposed to.

Go figure.

In any event, all seems to be well. Thanks for your interest in keeping the widget running smoothly. And thanks for the widget, as I use it all the time.