Topic: Successful update to 1.5.0.. thanks guys

Just got prompted for the update.. Went smooth.. No problems on my end..

Thanks guys!
MyridoM

When someone annoys me, it takes 42 muscles in my face to frown...but it takes only 4 muscles to extend my arm and b**ch-slap you!
http://haunterofthenight.com/ * new blog location

Re: Successful update to 1.5.0.. thanks guys

I can say the same.  No problem at all.

3 (edited by joltdude 2008-03-26 11:32:59)

So far so good.. I just saw the update screen myself...
wink

remember
Software update in progress
DO NOT DISCONNECT
THE POWER AT ANY TIME.
wink

I woulda ended that with an exclamation not a period smile

Control Panel 2.6.75
HW 3.7, SW 1.5.0, FW 565

So who else got the upgrade...

And for the curious
Update notes wink
http://www.chumby.com/pages/latest_software

4 (edited by darundal 2008-03-26 12:08:23)

Got it. What did the update do, however?

I got it also.  No problems so far.

Got the update. So far, so good.

joltdude wrote:

And for the curious
Update notes wink

Thanks for the link!

Thanks for the continuing support guys. the update went smoothly. it seemed to go through the process twice.
I see that this is basically a flash maintenance release. Good job keeping up. I never had any problems with u tube but did with loading images I hope this makes an improvement.
Just wondering if the the idea of editing the "my streams" list from the web site is a firmware update or a control panel update or maybe just a web site update or a combination of all three?
In any event when do you think we will see an improvement in this area?
What new features are you guys working on?
Just curious.
Yaesumofo

A Chumby in hand is worth 20 in the Wherehouse.

Thanks! The Chumby update (my first one ever) went smoothly.

I agree with yaesumofo, it would be super handy to have the ability to set alarms and audio stream URLs from the web. I know the data storage model for the control panel is different than the widgets, but I'm guessing it's possible for the Chumby to push/pull the relevant data to/from the server.

yaesumofo wrote:

Thanks for the continuing support guys. the update went smoothly. it seemed to go through the process twice.

There are two partitions (the "normal" mode, and Special Options) which are updated - it boots into each one and updates the other.

Got the update, no problems.

I got the update too. What does this update do?

muks wrote:

I got the update too. What does this update do?

This is basically a stability and performance improvement release - there are no user-facing changes.

Yep, go it too. Thanks

me too.

Vice President of Duane's Chumby Buddies Inc, Pro-Clock faction                       Clocks are life; we all expire sometime.
http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?id=2565

great job Chumby Corporate.

Hi all,

Long time lurker but i am a proud daddy of a 3 week old chumby!  I got my first OTA update and everything went smoothly except....

After the update and when its dark in my bedroom, i can see a flashing yellow light through the bezel surrounding the touch screen
I'm presuming this is the network activity light since its a very erratic blink and is frequent when streaming music
Could it be that this network light inside may have become a little intense after the update..

Anyone heard of this before?

I apologise if this is not clear but i'll be happy to clarify smile

Appreciate all the wonderful work and product!

Dhiren

Never mind folks....i just found another thread on the same note and i guess i'm not the only one !

It doesnt seem to be a issue to many and many take it as a heartbeat indication which actually is not a bad idea

Till the next one ..

Cheers

Please help!

my chumby seems to be suffering from a forgetfulness disorder

I have 2 alarms - one for 10:30 pm(when i come to bed) and one for 6:45 pm (when i get out of bed)

Both are configured to play 2 different streams and
The alarm at 10:30 is set to snooze for 1 minute and then go into night mode
The alarm at 6:45 is set to snooze for 1 minute and then come out of night mode

Before the update the alarms seemed to be going off just fine

However i have noticed that it after its update..it constantly forgets the alarm at 10:30 pm. One day it will fire the alarm and the other it wont.
First i thought it might be the stream so i switched to a differnt one but i noticed that it doesnt go into night mode either. Changing the stream didnt help. I also tried rebooting it but that didnt help either. It will fire the alarm the night i reboot and not the next day

I am trying to find a cause and solution to this problem since its inconsistent and very irritating.

I'm hoping someone could shed some light and offer a solution!

Is there any way i can go back the older SW version?

anybody help ?

dhiren,
do you have the *beta* control panel running?  if so, please reboot your chumby and try your alarms again.  let me know if it still has problems.

Sam
Chumby Support

Hi Sam,

I'm running SW 1.5.0. My control panel shows 2.6.70 in the upper right hand corner so im not sure if this was a beta release

However i have tried rebooting 3 -4 times. If i reboot, and reset the alarm to a diff time to test (say 11pm), it fires correctly but on subsequent days, nothing happens (alarm doesnt go off, nor does it go into night mode)

Please help

Many thanks

My alarms seems to work inconsistently (both before the latest update and since).  The alarm will work for a couple of days and then stop working.  So far, if I reboot every day, the alarm seems to work consistently, so I'm thinking of adding a daily reboot cron job.

Can anbody help/respond....My alarm still doesnt go off.
i am very unhappy about it because in addition to the chumby i have to set another alarm incase the chumby fails which it does sad