Topic: Problem since update

Hi!
Updated to 1.5 today. Since then, the timing of my widgets has gone completely crazy!
Widgets appear, then disappear after just a second, then they come back, disappear again and that just carry's on.. its mad! The only thing that will stay on the screen is the control panel and its sub-menus.
I've turned off and on. Turned off and waited two hours before restarting and even tried the beta control panel, but the problem persists.
Any ideas?

2 (edited by Beephlatt 2008-03-30 12:51:54)

Re: Problem since update

I should add.....
Everything seemed fine immediately after the update. It was a few hours after that the problem started.
The widgets alternate with the control pannel roughly every second. I have checked the settings on my online dashboard and nothing has changed there.
Also, I wrote earlier that the control panel will stay on screen and that is wrong. It is only the sub-menus that remain onscreen. When I go back to the control panel the alternating thing starts again!

It sounds like your top button is stuck.

Thanks for that Duane.
Mechanically, the top button seems to be working exactly as it always has. It moves freely and I can hear a faint clicking as I press it. The screens go on alternating though despite my wriggling the switch in all possible ways!
Could it be a loose connection internally?
Is that easy to get at or should I return my new little friend?

Please contact Customer Support - they'll help you out.

Solved, in a wonderfully tactile chumbyesque sort of way!
In increasing frustration, I gave the thing an extremely firm squeeze, it hiccupped (it gave a loud click) the screen flickered, and then it all settled down to normal again.
He he!

smile

This story isn't finished yet unfortunately....
The problem returned after a few days. I got in touch with customer support as Duane suggested, and they gave me a plan of action. It started with resetting the machine to the factory defaults (made no difference), and continued with re-installing the new software from a USB  memory card. This was successful, for a couple of days.
The problem returned....
I reset my chumby to factory defaults again today and it seems ok at the moment...
I'm just keeping my fingers crossed now!