1 (edited by scottjanousek 2007-11-21 20:32:30)

Topic: Chumby Device Profile for Adobe Device Central CS3

I made a device profile for testing purposes.

It's still very alpha, so I'd love to hear feedback, especially from Chumby.

http://www.scottjanousek.com/blog/2007/ … ntral-cs3/

www.scottjanousek.com/blog | scottjanousek.mobi
Adobe Flash Lite Certified Training Instructor | Adobe Community Expert - Mobile & Devices
Coauthor, Foundation Flash Applications for Mobile Devices - www.flashmobilebook.com
O_o ... Enjoy your chumby!

2 (edited by webmonkees 2007-11-26 05:10:42)

Re: Chumby Device Profile for Adobe Device Central CS3

When I first set up my Flash program, it had a 320x240 blank template when you chose Chumby..

Now if I open an actionscript template, it has 3 channels already placed in it; actionscript, content, and 'you can delete this layer' layer.
I'm new to Flash specifically, re-learning it from the ground up rather than anything I've been doing in other programs..

Saving animations as a swf doesn't count as 'flash developing', so I can't call myself a developer yet. But I'm learning.

I suppose these preloaded layers are good for the design? I think this is using your template. . using a Mac,
and the only thing I found fault with on your template (which I do appreciate, thanks!) is what to do with the Chumby.mxp file..

so I just put it with the other .mxp files I found in the directory above where the Devices reside.

Now if I can only find some way to simulate that accelerometer in development, I want to make the Flash program react to the tilts and such..

I guess in theory, an 'offstage'  x-y-z reactive area so I can simulate the 'motions' of the chumby before transferring it over for testing.   
but one step at a time.

Re: Chumby Device Profile for Adobe Device Central CS3

Thanks for this, Scott.